The baby is sitting very low in my tummy. He/she just seems to kick the heck out of my bladder. Ouch. Not comfortable at all, but I'm happy every time I feel the baby kick.
On a more exciting note, both of my children have felt the baby kick!
My son felt the baby kick a few days ago. It was funny to see the reaction on his face. His eyes just about popped out of his head and he said, "I felt it, it kicked me!" My daughter finally felt the baby kick last night. She was so happy to feel it for the first time because every other time she tried to feel the baby kick, it wouldn't.
I'm 21 weeks today, half way there.
I'm not sure if my son will want to feel the baby kick anymore because later that evening he said, "It's a little creepy. It kind of feels like you have an alien inside there."
So true, my son, so true.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
Simple recipe I made from my Weight watchers Ultimate flex & core cookbook.
- 4 tsp. sunflower oil
- 1lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 1 x 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1/4 lb. fresh shitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 Tablespoon grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 lb. fresh snow peas, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons reduced sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium high heat until a drop of water sizzles. Pour in 2 teaspoons of the oil and swirl to coat the pan, then add half the pork. Stir fry until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the pork to a plate with a slotted spoon. Repeat with the remaining pork.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: Approx. 15 minutes
Points value: 5