Monday, March 28, 2011
Last Minute Baby diaper cake
I had a baby shower to attend on Saturday. I knew there would be a diaper raffle and I forgot to buy diapers, so I thought of a last minute idea for a diaper cake.
Luckily, I had some diapers at the house because my little guy is only 9 months.
Mind you, they were a size 3, but they'll come in handy once the baby is older.
1. I started out with a small mixing bowl. I rolled up the diapers and gathered them all together with a rubber band.
2. I used some white raffia and unrolled in around the diapers. Kept it together with a small piece of tape on the back.
3. I used a white napkin for the top of the "cake". Just unfolded it and tucked it into the raffia paper.
4. Got out my scrapbook supplies and came up with a cute little sign that read "baby". Glued the sign on to a popsicle stick, stuck it in the middle of the cake.
5. Took a flower and put it under the sign to complete the diaper cake.
6. Tied some ribbon around the whole cake for a finished look.
So fast, simple and cute.
My friend loved the cake!