Thursday, January 21, 2010

Who are these kids and why are they so sweet?

I have had an awful bout of morning sickness/nausea today.
I've been lying on the couch most of the day trying to rest and keep my mind off of how horrible I feel.
Both of my children stayed home today due to the storm that hit us late last night.
As lunch time approached I wasn't sure how I was going to make lunch for the children and my Husband who would be joining us for lunch at any moment.

Then, out of no where, without me having to say anything, my darling, 7 year old son asked if I wanted him to make lunch? Of course I was ecstatic that he offered. I wasn't exactly sure what he was going to make, but I knew he'd figure something out.
My daughter immediately jumped in to help.
They proceeded to gather together all the items needed for PB & J sandwiches.
My son spread the peanut butter, my daughter spread the jelly, they also put some sliced fruit on the plate and topped it off with peanuts.

I was so proud of them. How sweet of them to help me out!
When I told them that I was very proud of them and that they made my heart smile, my son said, "I'm sorry  you are so sick Mom. I hope you feel better soon so you can do things with us again instead of lying on the couch all day."
What a sweet heart.

Sometimes I doubt myself as a Mom and I wonder if I'm doing a good enough job in raising my children to be responsible, caring, independant people. It's days like this when I know I'm doing a good enough job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...